You have clicked on my Certified Chocolatier badge.
This badge represents not only my passion for fine chocolate craftsmanship but also my successful completion of a formal education in professional chocolate arts.
The above badge celebrates the high level of knowledge and skills I obtained while starting my career as a chocolatier. These became the foundation for a career in chocolate.
My use of the badge certifies that:
- • I am familiar with cacao cultivation and processing practices. This knowledge gives me an understanding and appreciation for the unique flavor of each chocolate I use in my recipes and production.
- • I value my partnership with fine chocolate makers and chocolate manufacturers. I use my knowledge of chocolate to evaluate their offerings for my preferred flavor profile, including lingering finish, bitter to sweet balance and viscosity.
- • I understand the chemistry of chocolate and how its chemical properties determine a chocolate’s performance when used in different techniques. I may use a specific chocolates for fillings, another for enrobing and yet another for molding.
- • I know how important it is to perfect my chocolate recipe development process, as pre-planning and testing is key to the success of the final product. Good recipe formulation and production best practices allow me to produce a perfect product efficiently, safely and consistently, time after time.
- • I have experience in professional chocolate making skills and techniques including tempering, enrobing, decorating and molding. I am knowledgeable about the equipment used to support fine artisan craftsmanship.
- • I respect my customers and their intelligence by being open about the ingredients and processing of my chocolate products. I keep my product labels, promotional materials and marketing messages accurate and don’t make claims that I cannot support.